Yup. Ten thousand hits since I started this blog in 2008- not too bad considering most people don't realize I have a mind full of things to say.
This is a beer blog, but I have tended to throw in my personal beliefs in politics, religion, sex and whatever else I come across.
I hope I have provided a venue that has provoked laughter, raised eyebrows, and attempted to provide education.
I have provoked controversy for the most part though.
Anyhow, in my labors for the love of beer I have finally come across a situation that will make or break me in this business and future endeavors.
I will be taking the Certified Cicerone exam.
Here are some examples of possible questions found on the test.
- Just prior to fermentation, brewers test he wort with a hydrometer or refractometer to asses what important property of beer?
- Brewed on the banks of the Rhine river, Zum Uriege is a class example of what style?
- What ingredient is most likely to be responsible for a cheesy flavor in beer?
- Would the flavor attributes contributed by Acetobacter species be desireable in an outstanding example of a Flanders ale?
- If a brewer adds gelatin or isinglass to a beer, what are they trying to achieve?
To put it simply- its a massive test that will no doubt be the biggest challenege I have yet to face vocationally.
So keep me in your thoughts and prayers especially during beer drinking time- I could use all the positive waves I can get!
Thanks for reading all...it can only get better from here.