Friday, October 10, 2008

New Friends

Last night some fellow bloggers met up at the bar (dba). It was great to put faces to names.

Ed, Meg, K, Calwatch, and Andrew...are my new friends and eveyone seemed to enjoy getting a chance to talk face to face, which is easier than exchanging post comments and volleying back and forth between blogs, posts, and people.

I must say, it was gratifying. I didn't get to participate as much as I wanted to, because I was, in fact, working the bar, but there was a good vibe.

I hope it becomes habitual, as habitual as casual meetings can get when life goes along its normal course, with its regular irregualrities and serendipity.

Good people, good writing, good city. They do say the pen is mightier than the sword.
-We'll let you know.

3 comments:

pomona's art colonists said...

Dang Tibbi!
I wish we had of been there!
Shoot Shoot Shooty!

meg said...

We'll do it again soon, for sure. I'll announce on my blog if you'll announce on yours...

Andrew said...

It was great to meet u face to face. I'll definitely make it when we do it again. Thanks for the wheat beer, I'll have to take some suggestions from you next time i go.